23 September 2010

Some Perspective

I spent part of the evening catching up on my favorite finance blog, Get Rich Slowly.  I hadn't read it in awhile because I've recently been simmering over my own financial state (more on this to come, probably next week).  That's a big mistake, of course; one of the criteria by which I choose my financial guides is how inspiring they are, to help keep me motivated on my own path.

In any case, reading through the backlog got me to this little gem: Banker to the Poor.  It's a bit long, but well written and definitely worth the few minutes it takes to read.  Personal finance is a topic of interest to me anyway, but micro-finance is increasingly grabbing my attention.  I feel like it's a cause I could give to, helping people help themselves (I'll discuss my issues with charities some other day).  Based on the review, this title is definitely going on my to-read shelf on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment