21 September 2010

Review of Assassin's Quest




Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3)Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Assassin's Quest is a strong finish to Hobb's Farseer trilogy. As with the other two books, the best component of this one is the author's ability to let you see through FitzChivalry's eyes and mind.

This book is a bit different than the first two in that the main conflict (the Red Ships) takes a back seat to Fitz's personal journey, which made it slower to get into. There's much less of the unreliable narrator technique, as Fitz puts all the pieces together by the end. However, after a slightly slow start, I was quickly drawn back in to being Fitz. I just can't say enough about how this book made me feel what Fitz felt; when he was burnt out, I was exhausted; when he was betrayed, I felt betrayed. Hobb does a phenomenal job of conveying Fitz's inner nature.

Definitely worth reading for fans of Hobb and for those who enjoyed the earlier two books.



View all my reviews

1 comment: