My friend Amy has started a weekly "works in progress" update on her blog. Not sure I could do this weekly, especially with my crazy July schedule, but it did inspire me to stop and take stock of what I've done recently and what projects I'm still planning to do. Here's what I came up with:
Projects that are nearly complete:
- Wedding gift for a friend: Cross-stitch piece is done, mattes are on order, frame and mounting board are purchased! I will finish this between trips to see family, which is when the custom mattes will arrive. So excited to finally give this one in person (8 months late)! Not only is it for a very good friend, but I (sort of) designed it myself. Pictures will be posted after it's given.
- Baby gift for a friend: cross-stitch piece is done; mattes, frame, and mounting board are assembled; just need to put it together! Probably finishing this tonight. Also very excited to give this one (less months late). Again, pictures will be posted after the gift is given!
Projects that are in progress:
- Baby Quilt: blocks are cut and sewn, piecing is organized, working on sewing the whole front together. Updated pictures coming after that's done and I pick out a backing fabric.
- Picnic bench cushions: All the pieces are cut out. This was on hold while I looked for a walking foot for my sewing machine. That finally arrived a few weeks ago, so I should really get to this soon.
- Various clothing repairs: Very back-burner. It's hard to motivate myself to do these when I don't fit in those clothes right now. Although it would be nice to have the space back!
- Doggy Blanket repair: One of my dogs ate a hole in his blanket (he's not a destructive chewer so this was very unusual). Plus, he pulled the batting out. I cut away all the chewed up fleece, but I need to replace the batting in about a quarter of the blanket as well as patch the hole and I'm still not sure if I've got a good idea on how to approach this.
- Curtains: These are actually for my sister's closet. I've had the fabric for awhile but misplaced the finished dimensions I needed. I should probably call her and ask for them; this would be a pretty easy and quick project to finish.
- Crib bumpers: Fabric is purchased for two sets, but I'm getting a pattern from my mom next week (mostly for the dimensions).
- Baby romper/sleeper: Just got the fabric and pattern for this today (and discovered that there are a lot more clothing patterns for girls than boys). This may wait till the quilt is mostly done.
- Unknown baby project: Purchased some very cute blue boy-themed fabric today for $0.85/yd! Not sure what I'm doing with it just yet. It's just over 1 and 3/4 yards, so I'm thinking maybe a onesie and something else.
- Memory game: Again, kudos to Amy for pointing out this blog project a few weeks ago. It's a cute way to use up some fabric remnants from my ever-growing stash. Thinking about doing two sets, one as a gift and one for our future little boy.
- Cloth napkins/placemats: I got some cute blue gingham print fabric at a recent $1 fat quarter sale. Just need to see if I have enough to do placemats or napkins. This should be a quick project and I should at least try to finish it before summer's out!
I'm sure I've forgotten something, especially considering the incredible stash of fabrics I'm staring at in my craft corner. How do you keep track of projects? Do you work better when you know exactly what you're doing or are you more creative without organization?