22 October 2010

Brain Survey

When it rains, it pours... I went from being solidly bored most of last week to freakishly busy in a hurry.  We're in Atlanta (traveling blog!) for a friend's wedding this weekend.  Somehow that compressed my week into one frantic day after another and it's not going to quit till some time next week... maybe the week after.  Ugh.

All of that to say that I've had a number of topics I wanted to blog on in the last few days that I haven't had time to formulate into decent posts.  So here's a highlight of my brain over the last week:
  • Homework - I'm half way through my 2nd class, doing really well, just staying busy.  This class requires reading and responding to a case study every week, the shortest of which was over 80 pages. This week's is 137 pages and I should be reading it instead of blogging!
  • Trip Preparation - A 3 day trip is tricky because you do all the prep work of a longer trip without the payoff.  Plus, pretty much every second of this weekend is booked, which I hate; I was looking forward to some down time while we're away.
  • Craft projects - Namely, the gift for my friend whose wedding we'll be at tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it's not going to be ready in time.  I worked on it all the way up here today (6+ hours of work) and I'm still at least 8 hours away from completion.  Is putting a picture of a not-quite-done project in the card a faux pas?  On the plus side, the Yankee capes for the dogs seemed to have worked out.  Which brings me to...
  • Yankees - Who are playing for the American League Championship this week.  They fell behind 3-1 but gained some ground (post-dog capes) and are 3-2 tonight.  Championships are stressful in our house.  Hopefully they'll win tonight and tomorrow and go on to the World Series.  And then in two weeks I can finally watch a normal TV show!
  • Dress shopping - My husband finally talked me into getting a new dress for this wedding, so we went shopping today to find one.  Five shops to find a dress, three of which didn't have a single long dress.  Not one... apparently cocktail length is in this year.  Finally found one we both liked, a little more expensive than I intended.  If I get the use out of it that I got from my last one, that'll be fine.
  • Haircut - After threatening it for months, I'm finally having my hair chopped off tomorrow.  I can't wait!  Pictures to follow shortly.
  • Thanksgiving - Which, if you hadn't noticed, is approaching at a velocity around Mach 1.  Actually, I was making quiche last night and there was a little dough left over.  It reminded me of my sister; when we were kids, she would use the leftover dough to make a little center piece for the pie.  Our mom would throw it on the pie for the last few minutes of baking.  I hadn't thought of that in years.
  • Christmas - If Thanksgiving is coming up at Mach 1, Christmas is moving at something close to c.  My wish list is almost done, but normally by this time of the year I've started picking out gifts for my family. Not even close this year.  At least the Christmas budget is completed.
I promise a more interesting post soon.  I found two articles on pesticides and the misappropriation of science that I wanted to comment on, so that's probably next.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment